1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wordpress template in Photoshop

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by muffet, May 6, 2012.

How do I import the image (see attach below) into Photoshop to follow alone to make or replicate into a wordpress template or theme? I have Photoshop CS3. Thanks.

jbldOLFNnAd0ZQ_xs.jpg

muffet, May 6, 2012 IP
  2. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    ehh... make a new document at the right size open that document in photshop, drag it onto the new layer and then mess with the opacity slider on the right so you be barely see the image

Something like that?

that doesnt get it coded or anything though, photoshop is just a design tool.

does that help?
    Nigel

Edit: unless you are talking about something like this http://www.divine-project.com/

Last edited: May 6, 2012
    Nigel Lew, May 6, 2012 IP
  3. DennisRitchieCollective

DennisRitchieCollective Peon

Best Answers:
    Nigel is basically correct.

Save the image and view its properties and take note of its width and height.

Create a new image in Photoshop with those widths and heights.

Open your original image in photoshop, select all, and ctrl+c to copy.

Paste into your new image -> as new layer.

Set opacity of new layer kind of low and start building over it. on a different layer.

4. muffet

muffet Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for link Nigel I've to check that software out. I took another screenshot of adifferent campaign and its width and height is different than the first screenshot. They must programmatic adjust the height of the page base on how many rewards and word count of campaign description the person uploads. How do I find this specific information out in page source? I cannot access CSS or scripts using Firebug.

Last edited: May 7, 2012
    muffet, May 7, 2012 IP
  5. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I use the web developer tool bar for firefox as well that makes it easy to view the CSS etc. If you want to shoot me a link I can tell you what is going on. The page may be fluid so its basically whatever size the browser window is.

If this is in reference to the fund raising stuff you can simply get something that is in the ballpark of what you are looking for on themeforest and simply refactor it. While kickstarter is really nice looking. That is really more a function issue. I think I have an example up if you want to see how I am dealing with the fundraising part but its project by project, not all compiled into one site. It would however be fairly straight forward to have the main site list projects that are on sub-domains assuming you are using wpmu.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/web-developer/

You can view and edit CSS on the fly to see what it would do and can also view style information that highlights your divs etc. as you wand over sections of the site so you know what you are looking for.

hope that helps,
    Nigel

Nigel Lew, May 7, 2012 IP
  6. iKatrina

iKatrina Peon

Best Answers:
    I want a nice template for Wordpress

iKatrina, May 11, 2012 IP