1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wordpress Thesis Theme Question

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by ryanrigney22, Feb 16, 2011.

I've noticed that the search engine picks up my site description as having a date in it, but I want it to be more friendly on the eyes...Not sure how to get rid of the date that is inserted at the beginning.

Example:

XYZSite
    "feb 16...Welcome to my site. This site is for xyz."
    www.xyzsite.com

I tried using all in one seo pack but it doesn't seem to override thesis.

Any help appreciated.

ryanrigney22, Feb 16, 2011 IP
  2. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    For one, that has nothing to do with the theme you are using. It is an excerpt that the Search Engine (Google?) uses to show the searcher. Often times, blogs will have a date in that excerpt and there is nothing you can do about it. It is there to show the searcher how current the information is.

Dodger, Feb 19, 2011 IP
  3. KimiGermany

KimiGermany Peon

Best Answers:
    I am happy that some of my posts indexed that way, because some visitors type some specific keywords, like, "wordpress tutorial 2011" the date and year is the keyword they find my blog..

KimiGermany, Feb 19, 2011 IP
  4. byobgelie

byobgelie Guest

Best Answers:
    You can use Thesis Meta Data that can help you change your meta description which google use in indexing your post and pages. There is a video about Meta description that might help you, www.byobwebsite.com/answers/how-to-take-write-a-good-meta-title-and-meta-description/

byobgelie, Nov 14, 2011 IP
  5. domainnamesalez

domainnamesalez Peon

Best Answers:
    Try to move the date that is displayed in your blog to the bottom of the post. That should remove the date issue and use the initial text of your article.

domainnamesalez, Nov 14, 2011 IP