1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wordpress translation plug in

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by clash, Jan 4, 2014.

Hi

I tried searching but there is a lot of options and I don't understand this very well.

I am currently running directory website in my local language and there is possibility of getting foreign listings in English.

I need to translate just a few basic words on website. What is the best way to do this?

maybe just a version of mywebsite.com/en

Basically, menus, search, categories names should be translated and content should stay the same because english speaking clients will write listing in english, others in local language.

Thank you

clash, Jan 4, 2014 IP
  2. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:
    WP has an entire section of the Codex dedicated to this here.

You could run an entirely separate install of WP in a subdir (/en) and set it up to look and work exactly the same, just translating the words you need. Put a "Looking for the English site? It's HERE." link on the front page will filter your traffic (or you could do clever geolocation/browser language stuff). Of course, it would have separate data, which presumably isn't what you want (or maybe it is). That would be the simplest solution.

Anyone using Chrome can get pages auto-translated anyway, provided your category and other links are text rather than graphics.

TIEro, Jan 4, 2014 IP
  3. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Nigel Lew, Jan 4, 2014 IP