1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Working in Odesk

Discussion in 'General Business' started by zedge01, Jan 6, 2013.

I've joined Odesk last 2010 and got my first contract by Sept 2010. It lasted for a month and got my paid the way I wanted to and the amount I deserved. I'd say that it's a place for those experienced contractors as the new ones might find it difficult to get a job. I recommend new users or new freelancers to just use ELance since it is more affordable for employers since they pay less.

I've done several jobs in there starting from Data Entry, Sound Editing and Sound Mixing. I am a music lover so I enjoy creating sound effects for employers. It is very lovely since you can work in the comfort of your own house even while lying in the couch.

I encourage all aspiring freelancers to create their profile now at odesk.com and do some tests first so that you'll have a greater chance of launching a job right away!

zedge01, Jan 6, 2013 IP
  2. isababy

isababy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As an employer, I've also tried oDesk in the past. It is great. I've hired a number of really good freelancers. However, the fact that I need to hire over an over again has become tiring. So, I had to settle to hiring only full time employees from Staff.com. After all, they got a really good database of remote workers whom you can hire for full time. That set up worked better for me. I am looking more for the long run than just temporary contract workers.

isababy, Jan 6, 2013 IP
  3. positivetajul

positivetajul Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, I do agree with you that odesk is the place of the expert, but not for the new freelancer. As a new comer in the era of online earning, you can start working admin support tasks like data entry job that does not require any experience.

I also recommend all of you to start with elance.
    If you need any help in this regard, I can help you.

Best of luck.

positivetajul, Jan 7, 2013 IP