1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Would This Be Against Bluehost's Terms of Service?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by BradySEO, Feb 15, 2014.

For one of my products I'm offering a free WordPress site setup, theme, etc, free domain for one year and free hosting for one year. This is with the purchase of one of my monthly packages.

Would it be going against any rules that you know of if I signed my clients up for the hosting through my Bluehost affiliate link? That way I'm able to make some money back for offering the free offer.

I read through their terms and couldn't find anything specific to this, but some points were a little vague.

Thanks!

BradySEO, Feb 15, 2014 IP
  2. competent123

competent123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    no, its not against their tos, however, the clients must not be fake = open a site, and then abandon the site, you will end up getting your paypal banned { from their affiliate},

in otherwords, you can offer this service, but dont' think about signing up yourself and trying to get commission, they are good in detecting that sort of things.

competent123, Feb 15, 2014 IP
  3. BradySEO

BradySEO Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your response. No, I'll be signing everything up in the clients name. I'll just be making the payment with my PayPal account.

4. competent123

competent123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    you can't do that

1 paypal - 1 client

if you can make paypal accounts like that, dont' you think you would have been a millionaire by now?

msg me though, i might have something good for you .

Regards

competent123, Feb 15, 2014 IP
  5. BradySEO

BradySEO Member

Best Answers:
    I'm a little confused. It wouldn't be my account. I would be signing it up in my clients name. I would just be paying for their hosting for a year.

6. BradySEO

BradySEO Member

Best Answers:
    I just spoke to Bluehost and they recommend reseller hosting. So I think I'll go that route.

7. micksss

micksss Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Reselling is a good option for what you are trying to do because of reoccurring payments from your clients. Best of luck!

micksss, Feb 15, 2014 IP
  8. BoostSoftware

BoostSoftware Active Member

Best Answers:
    If it's not your hosting company, you would present yourself as an affiliate of the hosting company to your site visitors. I'm assuming you want to sell Bluehost? Or another. Can you clarify?

BoostSoftware, Feb 16, 2014 IP