1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Would welcome some advice on content/team please

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Scove, Aug 24, 2011.

I currently have a site up which is getting busier and higher in rank each day. My issue is content is not being updated as fast as i would like. I have volunteers that upload various things but i have to understand that they have their own lives/paying jobs that take preference. I really dont want to go down the path of paying for content and then it dies off again so does anyone have any advice on how i can get a solid team of contributors together that will put up content/stay active?

I have been scoruing the internet for days trying to find a perfect place to recruit people and content. We all work hard at what we do and wouldnt want to bring in anyone under false pretence by promising the world to them after a day. They would be apart of a growing site/team. Is there a place on the web where you can get a group of people together that are willing to build a site with you/upload content? or am i thinking a bit to far fetched.

I have been really dissapointed with who i have brought on board in the past as they upload a couple of things, think it will shoot them into stardom, and then leave because they dont understand its a building website. It does leave me frustrated and constantly trying to find a reliable group that will just go through the process with me. I think a majority would agree that the site is only as good as the team that built it and with mine constantly changing its not helping matters

Any advice really is welcome or any sites that you can recommend. Maybe there are sites out there specifically for this kinda thing? I have no idea but thanks in advance.

Also apologies if this thread is in the wrong section. I was unsure whether to put it in content in the Buy Sell section as i am not doing either of those and the forum Content didnt seem to fit this.

Thanks all

Steve

Scove, Aug 24, 2011 IP
  2. mozza1321

mozza1321 Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think that you will be able to rely on people who you do not pay. The best way to get a good team of reliable people is to pay them for it. If you pay them fairly, then they are more inclined to stay.

mozza1321, Aug 24, 2011 IP
  3. GrantDraper

GrantDraper Active Member

Best Answers:
    I earn my living from writing. The only times I work for free is for back links here and there, but my work load is big enough.

You really need to indentify where the people in your niche are hanging out and give them a reason to help you. Like Mozza says though; you'll struggle to keep people contributing regularly. Why not fill in the gaps with content that you pay for so it looks like a steady stream coming through? That might intice people to post more aswell...

GrantDraper, Aug 24, 2011 IP
  4. Visualz

Visualz Peon

Best Answers:
    There has to be some kind of payback to keep contributors motivated, even if it's just exposure. You need to really work on selling people with the idea that your site is getting busier and ranking higher everyday but like everything payback comes to those who jump in early and persist. With everybody wanting results here and now forward thinkers are kind of hard to come by .... good luck with your search! Hope your find the right people.

Visualz, Aug 24, 2011 IP
  5. Scove

Scove Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the feedback so far! I think i best get to the drawing board and see what i can offer from a selling point of view. I would like to give back in any way possible but for the time being the money has to be stretched across many things so its difficult to offer to a number of people just yet.... Thanks again

Scove, Aug 24, 2011 IP
  6. mindware

mindware Peon

Best Answers:
    i like odesk but i recently started using greenlightarticles.com they are quick and good

mindware, Aug 24, 2011 IP