1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

WP and phpbb/vbb shared usernames

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by J8Diamonds, Nov 30, 2009.

I want to integrate WP with a forum, either phpbb or vbulletin (or indeed both on different domains) but at the moment I'm not having much luck.

There are obviously a whole bunch of difficulties with this but primarily my goals are to share user logins between WP and phpbb/vbb and to cross post comments.

Getting threads from WP into either forum doesn't seem like much of a problem and getting latest threads from either into WP also doesn't seem to be much of a problem.

WP install 2.8.6
    phpbb install 3.0.6
    vbb install 3.8.4

So I've tried using WP-United for the phpbb, but there's some problems with the find replace/add in as much as what it's looking for doesn't exist so can't be completed either with auto mod or manually (and skipping it breaks WP).

And I've tried using this vbb bridge but that causes some sort of memory leak that topples the server after about 20 minutes.

Plus both of these seem to integrate WP into the forum, rather than the other way about.

Anybody got any other ideas about how this would be possible?

J8Diamonds, Nov 30, 2009 IP