1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

WP Post via e-mail to a category problem

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by mman, Oct 30, 2009.

I cant post via e-mail to a category, I have tried everything but it doesn't work, I use WP 2.8.5. I use the right tags [category music] but it doesn't post in the right category.

mman, Oct 30, 2009 IP
  2. theapparatus

theapparatus Peon

Best Answers:
    Last time I checked, the built in post to email settings used the default category as the one posts went to. Not sure where you're getting the ability to use "[category music]" to sort into a category. Are you using a plugin of some sort? If so, please link to it so we can all see it what you;re using.

For reference, this is the page about posting by email: http://codex.wordpress.org/Post_to_your_blog_using_email

edit: On that page, check out the bit about subject line. You use the ID number of the category within the brackets and it has to be contained within the subject line of the email.

theapparatus, Oct 30, 2009 IP
  3. mman

mman Peon

Best Answers:
    mman, Oct 30, 2009 IP
  4. theapparatus

theapparatus Peon

Best Answers:
    That link is if your blog is hosted at wordpress.com. If you're running wp 2.8.5, you're not hosted at wordpress.com. If you're hosted at wordpress.com, you're not running 2.8.5.

What's the url of your blog please? And where is it hosted at?

theapparatus, Oct 30, 2009 IP
  5. mman

mman Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks, I didn't saw that. I am running wp 2.8.5 is not hosted at wordpress.com. What are they running at wordpress.com? the Wordpress MU? If I install WP MU will this work?

mman, Oct 30, 2009 IP