1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

WP vs Magento for hotel booking service?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by JoeBiz1, Apr 20, 2014.

I am just looking from some options regarding these two platforms. I've worked a little with WP on a blog in the past and like the way it was very easy to learn and fix (with certain issues). I know WP can be very flexible when it comes to websites and templates and plugins and change the outlook with things.

With that being said; I've never worked with Magento. I am in the process of working with a developer on using an API to create a hotel booking service(website). We spoke about WP in the beginning and he told me about the platform called Magento.

The problem is that with WP I feel as if I can safely quick a problems with a little help from the forum and what not with having to have to depend on the developer to fix every problem that might arise after it's created.

I've read that Magento is much more stable compared to WP and is far less difficult to hack compared to WP as well. Things such as customization, maintenance and learning curve can be difficult compared to WP.

Any recommendation regarding these two platforms for what I am doing?

Thanks in advance.

JoeBiz1, Apr 20, 2014 IP
  2. jamesadamcs

jamesadamcs Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Joe,
    Here I simply state those platforms and which one is better for hotel booking.
    Magento vs. WordPress eCommerce plugins is the fact that

Magento was developed specifically for eCommerce and booking, but word press is totally made for updating blog posts.
    The Magento Logooverall functionality is going to be more tailored towards a business structure for sales and conversions.

Customization of shipping option, Various payment integration, Custom Shipping methods
    Dynamic pricing functionality, Order fulfillment

A more secure platform than WordPress third party plugins.
    We can add more Ability to add more functionality than a WordPress Plugin.
    Great forums available on the web if you run into problems because Magento is the most widely used eCommerce platform for all booking fuctions.

Also even Ebay also using Magento for it's eCommerce Store.

Wordpress also provide booking plugin but we need to add every 3rd plugin for completing hotel booking.

Unfortunately the 3rd party plugins are less reliable which isn’t good when it comes to selling products or tickets like this.

If you need a full secure hotel booking website in magento just go with this:
    http://www.apptha.com/category/extension/Magento/Hotel-Reservation

jamesadamcs, May 6, 2014 IP