1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Writing an ebook about my method to making money online

Discussion in 'General Business' started by PoohBear88, Feb 12, 2008.

Here's the thing, I understand that this market is really flooded. I know it's really hard to sell someone an ebook on "How to make money online", but I feel like I might have a chance since I have a real, authenticate reputation in doing so. I've sold websites from 10k to $150k since I was 17. I have sites that net about $6k a month.

My question is this... would you pay for an ebook written by someone who has a decent reputation in making money online? It would be fairly extensive if I did write it, and very thorough. How much would you pay?

PoohBear88, Feb 12, 2008 IP
  2. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I've owned domains for 10 years and have quite a few sites. The last thing I would do is write an ebook telling people exact details on how to duplicate it. To be honest, I can't image why anyone who is fairly successful would want to do it, or have the time... unless it is not really giving anything but general, beginning to intermediate advice - and someone like Aaron Wall has already done that.

Nothing personal, I'm just skeptical of almost all ebooks.

mjewel, Feb 12, 2008 IP
  3. rms

rms Member

Best Answers:
    If you are so successful at making money, how come you need to sell an ebook?

rms, Feb 12, 2008 IP
  4. Game Producer

Game Producer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm always interested in knowing how people do this kind of stuff. Just bring it here and I'll buy it :)

Game Producer, Feb 12, 2008 IP
  5. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hmm same as above

I can't get it how somebody who earns good starts to sell an ebook ?

w3bmaster, Feb 12, 2008 IP
  6. Game Producer

Best Answers:
    Perhaps they enjoy writing? :D

I suppose one could ask "why set up blog and write for free"?

7. exstatic

exstatic Peon

Best Answers:
    People who are successful love to share how they created their wealth and success, thats why so many of them write ebooks.. as to whether they do it for the money or the gift of giving is entirely up to them, but I suppose what is $10 here or there for thier hard work?

I write and sell my ebooks as I think the content is worth something not just because I wanted the cash, people respect content that they have paid for and believe in its quality. If the content is free its treated the same way as it was received..

Look at this way, if you get junk mail in your letter box, how do you treat it.. usually just throw it out, or know 20 other places that will send you the same thing.. however if you were to buy a business directory for a few $ that had the same menus and restaurants in it, you would treat the content a lot better even though it is effectively the same!

As for the OP.. I would say go for it, but to be able to compete in that market you need to make sure people know what sites it is you have sold, show them statements of the sales, your income and make yourself stand out... and give them a reason to buy your book as opposed to others because you know something different, and you do things differently.

exstatic, Feb 12, 2008 IP
  8. nicogarcia

nicogarcia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, you have right to be skeptical because 90% of the ebooks out there are so full of s*** that even if Steve Jobs writes one we will think twice before buying one.

nicogarcia, Feb 12, 2008 IP
  9. FOX LORE

FOX LORE Notable Member

Best Answers:
    start out with 9.99$ here on DP and get some reviews if the reviews are good than sell it at a much higher price.

FOX LORE, Feb 12, 2008 IP
  10. Alonski

Alonski Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you want I can help you edit it and review it =)

Alonski, Feb 12, 2008 IP
  11. getjimmy

getjimmy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Good advice,pricing of ur ebook depend on so many factors.

getjimmy, Feb 12, 2008 IP
  12. shamus

shamus Active Member

Best Answers:
    For those of you saying stuff like, "If you're so successful, why sell an ebook?" - you need some business training!

Once you're successful at something (in his case, flipping/selling sites, etc...), why stop there? He obviously has the resources to most likely put together a nice ebook, and if it's actually good, he'll make even more money!

"Too much money","too much fun" - there is no such thing!

shamus, Feb 12, 2008 IP
  13. SEOBusiness

SEOBusiness Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How is the price and what is your site?Can i have a url?I would like to pay for such an ebook if it really helpful,pm details.

SEOBusiness, Feb 12, 2008 IP
  14. Game Producer

Best Answers:
    Or.... if ebook sounds like a lot of work - why not simply share your story on these boards by writing a solid thread?

15. daboss

daboss Guest

Best Answers:
    my 2 cents...

like the rest, i think... if you are so successful, why spend the effort to write an ebook? why not spend the effort to focus on your usd 10k to usd 17k sites. you will make much more money from your existing ventures than write and ebook.

if you are really into writing or you really want to share, then i would suggest 2 options:
    1. write and ebook and give it away for free - better for your reputation and you won't get much from it anyway
    2. write a proper book and get a publisher to print copies for proper sale (not that easy though)

daboss, Feb 12, 2008 IP
  16. Game Producer

Best Answers:
    Actually, that's not "like the rest". There's plenty of people who would like to see that ebook written.

Your suggested option #1 (or simply a forum thread) sounds a pretty good option as well.

If he automates the sales, selling ebook online shouldn't take too much effort...

17. blondul

blondul Peon

Best Answers:
    i would pay not more then 10$... because we don't need the 200 pages pdf report we aren't dumbs... we need just a short 2 pages ebook wher you must describe the IDEA.method ....
    so ii think that if you will sell 1 idea with 10$ you will make a alot of money...

regards

blondul, Jan 2, 2011 IP
  18. amirjaan

amirjaan Peon

Best Answers:
    all the methods are tested?
    are they guarenteed?

amirjaan, Jan 3, 2011 IP