1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

WYSIWYG editor for select pages on site for select users?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by cbc58, Jan 25, 2009.

Hi-

Is it possible to integrate a WYSIWYG editor on select pages of a website and then let only certian people edit those pages via their browser?

I'd like to have 2 pages on my site editable by certian administrators without them having to go into ftp or cpanel. They will be calling up the page and adding links and changing text and graphics.

How do you set this up and is it even possible?

Tks in advance.

cbc58, Jan 25, 2009 IP
  2. Khadaji

Khadaji Active Member

Best Answers:
    Depends entirely on how your website is coded. If you're using a CMS - such as Drupal, it's only a matter of giving those certain people 'permission' to use the FCKeditor, or TinyMCE... Some CMS's will make this job incredibly easy, Drupal certainly does.

If your site is just straight HTML - I'm quite sure that there are scripts that will allow you to do this - they would be an editor that is simply a hidden URL - or password protected. I seem to recall using a script called 'htmlarea' exactly this way... although it's been a few years.

Khadaji, Jan 26, 2009 IP
  3. cbc58

cbc58 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Tks. I'll look into that.

cbc58, Jan 26, 2009 IP