1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yet more Questions Regarding Social Bookmarking

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by adigitaldreamer, Aug 8, 2007.

Hey guys and gals,

I've been reading more and more about social bookmarking sites, and that they can be great for bringing in traffic and getting some backlinks. But I still am not sure about some things.

1) Are you just submitting specific sub pages, or are you submitting your main index page? Are index pages to broad to submit?

2) If you're submitting sub pages, are you doing all of your pages? Or are you doing just some really strong ones? When is it too much and considered spam?

Sorry if this has been asked before.

Brian

adigitaldreamer, Aug 8, 2007 IP
  2. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    1) Are you just submitting specific sub pages, or are you submitting your main index page? Are index pages to broad to submit?

Individual pages have a better chance of going viral. Most people stumbling are doing so for fun...a boring main page is the last they they want to see...

Based on experience ;)

2) If you're submitting sub pages, are you doing all of your pages? Or are you doing just some really strong ones? When is it too much and considered spam?

Use the stumble exchange threads rather then doing it all yourself. I find that the sites that I stumble multiple times get less stumbles per page then those that I have others stumble for me.

I can not back up that claim...

Sorry if this has been asked before.

It's been asked before ;)

Qryztufre, Aug 8, 2007 IP
  3. ahkip

ahkip Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Always use subpage. Those kids have short attention span. They won't spend much time to "find out" the cool stuff on your site.

Always use subpage, and make your point as obvious as possible. Keep article short, use list. Picture and video work better than long article. Also, keep everything in one page;)

ahkip, Aug 8, 2007 IP
  4. Realdeals228

Realdeals228 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with this so much. Things I submit seem to get no traffic where as ones that I get others to do seem to get tons. I have no idea why. Even if just one other person stumbles my site I get traffic but if I do it I get none.

Realdeals228, Aug 8, 2007 IP
  5. adigitaldreamer

adigitaldreamer Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the feedback. This is exactly what I was looking for.

Brian

adigitaldreamer, Aug 8, 2007 IP
  6. aletheides

aletheides Banned

Best Answers:
    I do both the main site and both strong deep links - it can´t hurt and it does bring traffic and backlinks after all..

aletheides, Aug 8, 2007 IP
  7. BrianJump

BrianJump Active Member

Best Answers:
    ..always give them what they want..not what you want to give them...
    then you can try and prompt them to other related articles et al..email squeeze page etc

BrianJump, Aug 8, 2007 IP