1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Your Experience with htfree proxy hosting (http://www.freeproxyhosting.net/)

Discussion in 'General Business' started by WuMan, Apr 14, 2010.

Hey guys,

I've read that it's best to stay away from sites that do free proxy hosting, because it's usually always too good to be true. However, I came across this site,

http://www.freeproxyhosting.net

it seems to be a good deal. No risk at all, but it doesn't say how much bandwidth per month and stuff like that. Strange, but then again, it's a pretty good deal (or so I think).

Any experiences, guys?

WuMan, Apr 14, 2010 IP
  2. vagrant

vagrant Peon

Best Answers:
    They put their own adverts on content served.

They are newish ... will they last long ? may be yes may be no.
    So new most pages don't even have much content like FAQ etc.
    Launched without enough info on site to explain their terms of service, FAQ etc... shows lack of experience.
    No demo pages etc.

2 of them running the service, mid 20's but 24(?) years experience ... means they first became fully experienced at around 12 ??

I think it said they have 2 servers, so won't be long before many sites block them ...
    what does 2 servers say about shared bandwidth ?

No such thing as a free lunch.... you can be sure they make far more out of it than you do.

Based in the UK so you would need to follow UK laws ??

Probably best to PASS on this until it has been tested my newbies.

vagrant, Apr 14, 2010 IP
  3. WuMan

WuMan Peon

Best Answers:
    Haha, good advice.

It seems quite suspicious, to tell you the truth. And I don't really have a lot of time.

Then again, it is free hosting... nothing to lose except time.

Maybe someone with a lot of time would try this out and report back to this thread? Lol

~Wuman

WuMan, Apr 14, 2010 IP
  4. mori

mori Peon

Best Answers:
    Site doesnt look good not much information and no demo

mori, Apr 18, 2010 IP
  5. Greyhound

Greyhound Banned

Best Answers:
    they provide good hosting but you can't edit the proxified pages for ads and you can't redirect bad traffic to your own website at the moment.

Greyhound, May 5, 2010 IP
  6. nick-a

nick-a Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just saw this thread - to clear up a few points:

- We don't provide a demo because you can just register in a few seconds and login and see for yourself.

- We don't mention bandwidth limits, because there aren't any - as someone said above, we make money from it, though not as much as you might imagine, if it becomes an issue, we will simply add another server in. It's in our interests to let you use as many resources as you can throw at us.

- Freeproxyhosting.net has been running for very nearly it's first year, and won't be going anywhere. Period.

Thank you for the comments Greyhound, the traffic re-direction is one thing that has been requested and will be added next week. It does seem a shame to send it all straight to google.com! In fact, once we notice the traffic dying down a bit over the upcoming holidays, we will take that opportunity to add in several new features, some of them quite surprising in terms of increased revenue share, re-direction, country selection and templating.

nick-a, Jun 19, 2010 IP