1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Your input on an idea based website?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by mafia mazy, Jul 5, 2010.

I was thinking of doing a website, but not to make money or anything like that. I was thinking of making a simple website that is based on ideas. People would be able to discuss ideas through forums, and there would be a system to make sure only good ideas are discussed. Things like feasibility and implementation of the idea/s would be discussed.

Does anyone think a website like this could work? It would be to help better the world :)

Also, does anyone have any tips? Especially in marketting, any tips to gain users for the short term quickly?

mafia mazy, Jul 5, 2010 IP
  2. Spect3r

Spect3r Peon

Best Answers:
    Ideas about what exactly?

Spect3r, Jul 5, 2010 IP
  3. Barefootsies

Barefootsies Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    People have tried it in the past, and it has not worked.

It does not mean YOURS will not work, however, the biggest issues you are going to have is marketing ..... since a lot of forums would not allow this. As well as sucking people in on a recurring basis.

/2cts

Barefootsies, Jul 5, 2010 IP
  4. factchecker

factchecker Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow.. Just from your post I can tell you are British....

If you want it to be a good site, then you should have a monetizing strategy in place just so you can fund it.

I'm sure there are already sites like that around.. Do some research, hang out in those sites, and learn what you can...

Good luck

factchecker, Jul 5, 2010 IP
  5. wulfy

wulfy Peon

Best Answers:

LMAO You made me spit out my tea at that comment. Yes im british too but i can see where you are coming from with this comment.

To the thread starter it obviously wouldn't hurt to monetise the site a little but hats off to you for wanting to create something for the fun of it :)

Good luck in your endeavour.

wulfy, Jul 5, 2010 IP
  6. Le Dangles

Le Dangles Member

Best Answers:
    How do you know He/She is British from this post?

Le Dangles, Jul 5, 2010 IP
  7. dylanphelan

dylanphelan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey, I have thought of doing something like this too. Possibly trying to generate interest from angel investors, venture capitalists etc - kind of as a bridge between to two.

Bring the person with the idea and the person with the money together in order to bring the product to the market.

I have a number of people coming to me with ideas and wanting advice, but just not enough time to help everyone.

Only problem with a forum is people walking off with other people's ideas. How would this be overcome?

Maybe the forum should avatar should include a badge stating the patent / copyright on the idea?

cheers,
    Dylan

dylanphelan, Jul 6, 2010 IP