1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Your suggestions on Classified Scripts

Discussion in 'General Business' started by gldigital, Jan 27, 2011.

Hello,

I'd like to receive some advices on a classified script for my new site.

Reading this forum and doing researches on the internet, I have selected the following classified ads php scripts:

Esvon Classified: expensive if you choose many additional modules (while other products include them in the standard package), but seems to include almost everything needed for my site, so I can save on programming cost for customizations.

Looking at theirs testimonial page, I can easily find big sites using this script with hundred of thousand of ad.

The admin section is very intuitive and organized.

I doesn't seems any more under active development, even thought minor updates are released even this year.

Documentation is sparse and almost absent.

GeoClassified: very popular, his admin interface is not very intuitive but documentation is comprehensive and the product is under development.

eDirectory: a costly product, I have not really investigated on this but it seems a polular solution, existing from many years and under development.

Flynax: this product seems very young, but well structured, their admin interface is very well made (probably based on ExtJs) documentation is absent.

The product seems under active development and according to the forum version 4 is to be expected in a few months.

Like I said, I'm oriented toward Esvon solution, but I wonder if there is a similar or superior solution, maybe less pricey.

The fact that some big sites have chosen Esvon classified, make me believe their code is optimized to handle heavy loads, but only site owner cha tell more on this.

Hope someone can shed some light and help me choose.

Bye :)

gldigital, Jan 27, 2011 IP
  2. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    i didnt know there are that many classified software.

webcosmo, Jan 28, 2011 IP
  3. gldigital

gldigital Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is only a selection based on my needs and what I've found, there are a lot more script on the market.

gldigital, Jan 28, 2011 IP
  4. vchris

vchris Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I was looking into a classified website for a while but I came to the conclusion that there were already too many classified websites. I asked myself why would someone not use kijiji? I found a great software, Classipress. It's a plugin for wordpress, very good and not that expensive.

vchris, Jan 28, 2011 IP
  5. Davidsahel

Davidsahel Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I checked out Classipress--Impresive But theres nothing about location-country-state-town etc

Davidsahel, Jan 30, 2011 IP
  6. vchris

vchris Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yeah that's the only downside but it's constantly updated by the owner. I know it can be done with wordpress hidden fields.

vchris, Jan 30, 2011 IP
  7. Davidsahel

Davidsahel Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thanks for the response--Thats good if owner cares-I will try it!

Davidsahel, Jan 30, 2011 IP