1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

YouTube as a Social Network - What's the 'Preferred' Sub/ Friend Ratio?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Hijynx427, Nov 3, 2009.

I was wondering if there is a standard marketing formula for how many subscriptions I should have compared to how many friends I should have. I'm trying to get the best crowd of converting audience members but I have quite an eclectic collection of folk as friends.

Jason

Hijynx427, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  2. ~kev~

~kev~ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The ratio does not matter - just keep your friends and your subscriptions to your targeted niche.

I have been posting videos on youtube for 2 1/2 years, and have never heard of any kind of ratio like what your asking about.

~kev~, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  3. Hijynx427

Hijynx427 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I've invited a LOT of friends and have currently close to 11,000 through the work of myself and Tube Toolbox... hehehe. good product. Now, I have these leads from across the board here - I'm working on a targeted niche soon, but the friends I have come from ALL types of backgrounds. At current rate I'm at about 230 subscriptions and 370-some-odd comments.

And, I can face it, my production value sucks! I need to start using WAX Debug Mode for my videos but I've been way to lazy to figure it out. Are there any "user-friendly" video editing programs that work really well on PC?

I think with more compelling videos, I'll be able to take my video campaign to the next level. Lists, market research, reviews and free content will all be on the way.

Hijynx427, Nov 4, 2009 IP