1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Youtube is AWESOME for traffic to my site

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by lotstosay, Aug 30, 2009.

1. socialsite

socialsite Member

Best Answers:
    I agree that learning is a life long process. The day you stop learning is the day you should just stop living. A person should always strive to improve themselves. Not just for themselves but to be able to also help others as well. In fact like Tony Robbins had said if your not always working to improve yourself then your actually being selfish. The reason being is because the more you know then the more you can help others as well. I don't claim to be a guru but I do have enough marketing knowledge to help many people and I do so on a regular basis with weekly training.

socialsite, Sep 5, 2009 IP
  2. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Youtube is even better for entertainment related niches!

cronik, Sep 5, 2009 IP
  3. airsave

airsave Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a youtube video that has been around for a while (9 months) but the traffic is not that great. I want to know how I can optimize it so that I can get more traffic from it.

airsave, Sep 6, 2009 IP
  4. nada01

nada01 Peon

Best Answers:
    its a great idea dude
    inspiring me

nada01, Sep 6, 2009 IP
  5. socialsite

socialsite Member

Best Answers:
    I would say to make sure your giving good quality info on whatever your subject is. Anotherwards not just advertising but helping people with good info that will help them out. The more good quality info you can help people with the more they will also want to see what it is that you do and how it is that you make money online. Helping others to achieve there goals first in order to
    achieve your goals. If anyone needs any marketing help just let me know.

socialsite, Sep 6, 2009 IP
  6. Connarhea

Connarhea Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah that's exactly how I see life, me finding ways of making people happy or comfortable, be that through teaching, making them laugh or making giving them music to create varied emotions(I write a little music :) ) If you can't help others then what are you really here for?

Connarhea, Sep 6, 2009 IP
  7. lotstosay

lotstosay Guest

Best Answers:
    Totally understand you wanting to view my video, just not too sure if I'm allowed to post the link in a PM? I wasn't trying to advertise my clip, just let people know it can work!

lotstosay, Sep 6, 2009 IP
  8. yellowcoder32

yellowcoder32 Peon

Best Answers:
    i promote my site via youtube and getting lot's of visitor daily, i like youtube promotion as well as facebook and twitter.

yellowcoder32, Sep 7, 2009 IP
  9. Connarhea

Connarhea Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well isn't it different if I ask for it personally first?

Can a Mod help us with this one?

Connarhea, Sep 7, 2009 IP
  10. Trudgernaught

Trudgernaught Peon

Best Answers:
    Ezine'd!

YouTube is a very powerful social site. It’s the first thing that people check when they are looking for video clips; and YouTube videos can be and have been conveniently passed on to other internet users worldwide. Due to its extremely viral nature, YouTube is a wonderful tool for internet marketing. Here are the steps that you should follow in order to do so.

You probably have heard of YouTube. Well, who hasn’t? Millions of people are uploading, watching, downloading, or linking to videos in YouTube everyday. If you want to see a video of something, you can always check it out from YouTube.

YouTube is a free video sharing website that utilizes adobe flash technology in order to be able to display videos uploaded by its millions of members. These videos are watched and seen by around 20 million YouTube visitors every month. Videos in YouTube feature thousands of unknown and known people daily.

If you have a website, an account with YouTube would certainly benefit you. You can take advantage of its free video sharing and the extremely vast network of people you could market your product to. Just imagine how much traffic your website would generate through your own videos. There is no better way to advertise to millions of people for free than YouTube. Using this service, you can maximize all internet marketing opportunities. Here’s how you can use YouTube more effectively in your internet marketing efforts.

Step 1: Create a definite genre for your video

Deciding on what kind of video you will be creating depends on what kind of target audience you intend to create the video for. Colorful and interactive videos would work best for teenagers or college students. A more classic presentation will suit the professional and working market.

The idea is to create a video that would most attract its target market. Make sure that your video’s message is clear but concise. Make sure that your clip won’t play for more than 5 minutes.

Create an impact with your message. Try to shock and move people out of their usual indifference. Make them curious about your product, business or service and make them want to possess what you sell through the content of your video.

Make sure that you are clearly identifying yourself with the video. It should contain your logo or your company name. This is a way to make sure that your message won’t be lost to the viewers. Take your time in creating your video. Make sure that the finished product would give out the message that you want to convey.

Step 2: Strategically place your video in the net

A strategic placement of your videos in YouTube will raise people’s interest and would get them to watch your video. Make it a top-watch video. Chances are your video will appear on YouTubes’s home page, generating more possible interest. This is where viral marketing would start to work. Your videos will be watched and passed on by more and more people.

Step 3: Create a link to your website

Remember that the purpose of your video is to attract more people to visit your website. However, a direct sales pitch from a video is frowned upon by YouTube. To avoid having your video deleted (yet still being able to make a subtle advertisement), put a teaser trailer at the end of the video. Put your company name on the trailer and make sure the person watching it would know whom to associate the video with.

TRUDGERNAUGHT

Trudgernaught, Sep 7, 2009 IP
  11. mdvonline

mdvonline Peon

Best Answers:
    You Tube is one of the BEST free marketing methods these days.

Overall Online Video Usage (U.S.) July 2009
    Unique Viewers 135,977,000
    Total Streams 11,200,093,000
    Streams per Viewer 82.4
    Time per Viewer (min) 211.6

Source: Nielsen VideoCensus

You Tube is where you want to be, also to mention that it is growing at rapid rates.

I have read about people not getting clicks from You Tube. Several things you need to consider when marketing on You Tube
    #1 Link placements, how are you placing your links
    #2 Target your audience - You want quality traffic (well I do), so I am gonna make sure that I get quality traffic, this way more people will click my links

Marketing on You Tube can be very lucrative and if you have not done it before, it is a strategy that is still early in to becoming mainstream and can bring you lots of quality traffic.

Thanks!!1

mdvonline, Sep 7, 2009 IP
  12. nutcash

nutcash Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, youtube is a great tool. Google is too if you can manage to get listed.

nutcash, Sep 7, 2009 IP
  13. Connarhea

Connarhea Active Member

Best Answers:
    Youtube gives great ease of use, the second you put a video onto youtube and it gets indexed all tags and words used in the description will bve indexed too, so if you have your website link in there it helps. You don't use Google so to speak you use many different ways of promoting and indexing your site and that adds up to "Google" as you mean it. But Youtube is just one of those ways.

Connarhea, Sep 7, 2009 IP
  14. ghanes14

ghanes14 Peon

Best Answers:
    After I get things more organized with my day I might have to give this a try. I'm not that good at speaking, but they say practice makes perfect right? A little extra traffic is better than no traffic, might as well take advantage of any marketing angle possible!

ghanes14, Sep 7, 2009 IP
  15. rs217000

rs217000 Peon

Best Answers:
    Add me to the list. At one point, Youtube accounted for nearly 75% of my total traffic. If you get a popular video in there, you're golden. I'm 99% sure I know the answer to this (no), but do you get any SEO credit for embedded video links?

rs217000, Sep 8, 2009 IP
  16. speedaction

speedaction Peon

Best Answers:
    yes...youtube is amazing to promote..

speedaction, Sep 9, 2009 IP
  17. genius1

genius1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a question: Using youtube as a member or non member and sharing/embedding the links to anywhere we want is NOT illegal right? I just saw on another thread that it is illegal but if that were the case then Youtube wouldn't let people do it. It's one of youtubes conditions upon arrival and sharing your own vids I thought?
    Youtube is a great targeted traffic generator if you know how to do it.

genius1, Nov 21, 2009 IP
  18. mdvonline

mdvonline Peon

Best Answers:
    You are free to take the embed code from You Tube. Remember is helps promote You Tube and links back to there site.

mdvonline, Nov 21, 2009 IP
  19. Oyaye

Oyaye Peon

Best Answers:
    may i know how many on average does youtube sends to your site?

Oyaye, Nov 21, 2009 IP
  20. Eljon

Eljon Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the TS. Im gonna try this one too!

Eljon, Nov 21, 2009 IP