1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Youtube Muted my friend's Video

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by bizctr, Dec 17, 2009.

My friend recently created a simple movie with pictures as well as a song downloaded through Limewire (mp3 file).

When the movie/video was uploaded completely on Youtube, it returned an error message that the song in the movie was owned by someone else (recording company) and is not allowed to be included in his video.

Is there any remedy / alternative for this as the video was actually made for his personal use (the movie was just like a music video containing pictures of his family).

bizctr, Dec 17, 2009 IP
  2. internetmarketingiq

internetmarketingiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    there is in fact. do not use copyrighted material in your videos. by law it's theft, and if google does nothing to prevent the theft they get sued.

internetmarketingiq, Dec 18, 2009 IP
  3. bigcat1967

bigcat1967 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah - this is a no brainer. I was on Youtube earlier this week and I saw about five vids that didn't have audio because of copyright issues. Youtube is really cracking down on all this - and good for them.

bigcat1967, Dec 18, 2009 IP
  4. FraggerMan

FraggerMan Peon

Best Answers:
    This happened to me once because of your reason. Happens to everyone :( Just make sure it dosent happen to your friend multiple times or he will hey banned.

FraggerMan, Dec 19, 2009 IP