1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Youtube Vids

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by bigcat1967, Jan 2, 2010.

Just wondering if anyone has backlinked to their youtube vids in order to move them up the SERP - and if it helped any?

bigcat1967, Jan 2, 2010 IP
  2. Ascendancy

Ascendancy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Putting a backlink to a Youtube clip on your website won't do much for your SERPS. If you add a link to your website on your YouTube video, that may help a bit but it'd mostly add more traffic to your site as opposed to helping your SE rankings. YouTube can be powerful, but you need to know how to run it.

Ascendancy, Jan 2, 2010 IP
  3. chandan123

chandan123 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    it can help in traffic if the niche and video are relevant :) serp wise its not useful

chandan123, Jan 3, 2010 IP
  4. combizorgnet

combizorgnet Peon

Best Answers:
    wow, youtube rock, find funny video, and get tons of traffic to your site, try it!!!

combizorgnet, Jan 5, 2010 IP
  5. Chawman

Chawman Peon

Best Answers:
    I embed the niche videos that I make on my web sites (ie - My video about the 2009 Portland Pirate Festival is on the Events in Portland page). When you create a video, add a link to your site at the beginning of the description and, when you're editing the video, you can always brand or watermark your videos with your URL.

Just make sure the content of the video and the links are advantageous to your viewer. In other words, don't post a link to a site that has nothing to do with your video content.

Chawman, Jan 5, 2010 IP
  6. EyesOnlyNet

EyesOnlyNet Peon

Best Answers:
    totally true.

I own several youtube channels, some for promotional use, another as a partner for adsense income, and one for fun.

in total, I letterally have over 2500 video's online. If i put a websitelink in the description of them all, it would take me hours of work, and hardly any SERP result in the long run.

EyesOnlyNet, Jan 5, 2010 IP
  7. sosothit

sosothit Peon

Best Answers:
    just choose unique words for naming your youtube video

sosothit, Jan 5, 2010 IP