1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Zen cart for seo?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Alan Murray, Jan 18, 2006.

Is there a mod for friendly url's with zen cart I cant find any.

Alan Murray, Jan 18, 2006 IP
  2. BareFootSEO

BareFootSEO Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey there, me too! I'm an experienced SEO, but somewhat unfamiliar with how well the dynamic URLs and such will effect the optimization of our shopping cart. Migrating from bCentral (crappy service, but the static page generator was awesome... they pulled the plug though:mad: ).
    Anyway, I'll post here about what happens and offer up any advice I can dig up.
    Looks like the first site I've migrated to Zen selling vinyl banners (dang! can't link yet, oh well I'll edit later) is indexing OK, but rankings blow.
    Make sure to set your .htaccess to 301-redirect to WWW or non-WWW 'cause Zen-cart doesn't do this automatically.

Next up is URL clean-up, maybe. I'll be asking q's later for sure:) .
    Look forward to sharing what I learn...

BareFootSEO, Apr 25, 2007 IP
  3. jmort732

jmort732 Peon

Best Answers:
    There are a bunch of them, its just that in Zen cart they are called "contributions" and not mods. Just do a search for Zen cart SEF contributions.

I haven't built a zen cart site in over a year so I am not up on the latest.

But this page will give you an idea of the types of contributions out there for SEF friendly URLs

http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.php/Contribution:Ultimate_SEO

Good luck (and don't go to just straight oscommerce, it is a nightmare for SEO)

jmort732, Apr 25, 2007 IP
  4. wyuguy

wyuguy Peon

Best Answers:
    OSC can be SEO ,search seo on its contribution section,you will find good mod.

wyuguy, Apr 26, 2007 IP
  5. jmort732

jmort732 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes there are mods for OSC, but to truly get it SEO, you have to edit its core, and it gets quite messy. I didn't say it couldn't be done, I just think it is a nightmare.

jmort732, Apr 26, 2007 IP
  6. spendyourhusbandsmoney

spendyourhusbandsmoney Peon

Best Answers:
    The original thread seems to only speak to ZenCart friendly URLs as related to SEO. Any follow ups on this? Also, what other aspects of Zencart are SEO friendly/non-friendly?

Is there a consensus in the SEO community about which shopping cart is most SEO friendly?

spendyourhusbandsmoney, Aug 28, 2008 IP
  7. wuchuanmin

wuchuanmin Peon

Best Answers:
    zen-cart 1.38a include SEO friendly mod ,

wuchuanmin, Aug 28, 2008 IP
  8. yellow1912

yellow1912 Peon

Best Answers:
    No it does not, and there is no plan for that in 2.0 which is to be released soon.
    You can peak into http://simple-seo-url.com/ for (free) zencart seo url module

yellow1912, Feb 2, 2009 IP
  9. outdoorseygeek

outdoorseygeek Peon

Best Answers:
    I've tried both Ultimate SEO and Simple SEO URL and had some problems implementing both of them due to some other customizations I made on my site. Both contributions offer very good support through the forums. I really appreciated all of the help I received from the author of Simple SEO URL. In the end I went with Ultimate URL because it was easier to integrate into my site, and I'm very happy with the way it formats my URLs. The user interface was very easy.

outdoorseygeek, Feb 2, 2009 IP
  10. actboys

actboys Guest

Best Answers:
    onThesource.com is like her name "Provide a smooth channel to make everyone on the way to source what you need at less expense". onThesource.com committees herself to help more and more middle sized wholesalers or retailers to expand their domestic and eBay business at fewer complexity and high efficiency. Currently, you can retail mobile phones, digital MP4 players, memory cards, Bluetooth devices and other electronics widgets from China directly via onThesource.com.
    onthesource.com

actboys, Mar 14, 2009 IP
    lycos likes this.
  11. Dhvanesh

Dhvanesh Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi folks,

If you are looking for a SEO friendly shopping cart solution, magento cart is the best one. It's SEO friendly coding helps your custom Magento website to gain high rankings in SEs. It also gives you Auto generated Google Sitemap, Meta for your products and category pages and much more…

Dhvanesh, Jun 20, 2009 IP
  12. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    mentos, Jun 20, 2009 IP
  13. k998

k998 Member

Best Answers:
    Is there any real evidence that so-called 'search engine friendly' urls really make any difference?

As long as you have your product titles and product descriptions (including setting the meta descriptions) right, the Zen Cart pages will rank highly just the same as static html pages.

k998, Oct 31, 2009 IP
  14. Grut

Grut Peon

Best Answers:
    Grut, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  15. plethera25

plethera25 Peon

Best Answers:
    I've got the Ultimate SEO working on several of my Zen carts. It works really well and turns all urls into seo friendly mod rewrites.

plethera25, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  16. BrassDash

BrassDash Peon

Best Answers:
    In general, Zen Cart is terrible for SEO. I recommend Volusion (if you can figure the damn thing out) or PrestaShop.

BrassDash, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  17. webelity

webelity Peon

Best Answers:
    My company offers Zen Cart SEO Services. Regardless of the SEO Module of choice SEO takes time and effort. Content writing, structured clean code and a clean design aid in creating more conversions and better traffic.

If you need Zen Cart SEO Help, contact us today (831) 704-6711.

webelity, Feb 20, 2011 IP
  18. iRAY

iRAY Peon

Best Answers:
    Search Engine friendly URLs are useful especially if they assign a unique URL to your content. It avoids penalization.

iRAY, Mar 12, 2011 IP
  19. w3webpro

w3webpro Peon

Best Answers:

I am currently researching that now and came across this thread. Is there a current consensus in the SEO community on which ecommerce platform is most friendly with the SERPS?

w3webpro, May 23, 2011 IP
  20. store-show

store-show Peon

Best Answers:
    the Zen cart just a eCommerce website system.you still need do the SEO promotion you site.

store-show, May 24, 2011 IP